The last of the harvest lies splendid in the fields
The baby is born
The family has been fed
Pausing, reflecting, and praying
We see, we release for we know…
As the fruit is harvested and taken out of the fields
What is born out of our womb is not ours to keep and hold
What we cook is eaten; what we clean is soiled again
The leaves fall from the trees
The winds come up to wipe the slate clean
Change is in the air
And so we listen, we learn and we prepare again.
Here are some suggested ways help embody the reflection of this season:
- Visit a farmers’ market during the autumn when they spill over with harvest foods, falls colors, pumpkins and squash.
- Delight in the smells; taste some homemade food; see what Nature has birthed and what farmers have gathered
- Visit with yourself and review your abundance
- What have you “birthed”? (There are many forms of babies – don’t limit yourself to physical babies only – creative projects, businesses, relationships, visions…)
- Embrace, appreciate and then release them into the big circle of living.
- Then go outside and feel the wind on your face
- Ask, “What’s next for me? For what must I prepare at this time?”
If you are interested in purchasing a copy of Journeys into the Mirror: A Journal for Women written by Janneke Koole, Illustrated by Mukee Okan, you can find it at DTMMS.