Today, we begin our Twenty Count series with the first Power, Grandfather Sun, who sings his Song of Illumination and Enlightenment from his sitting place in the East of this Great Medicine Wheel.
Grandfather Sun, one of many grandfather stars, provides light, heat, and energy to Grandmother Earth. His is the masculine energy that seeds, provides for, and protects life on the planet we live on. Our day begins as his light peaks over the horizon in the east, and ends as his light shines beyond our specific location. He shines no matter what – during the day, during the night, and beyond the gray skies. We do not doubt his steadfast presence.
Energetically, Grandfather Sun illuminates our path. In our dark places, he is steadfast in shining light so we have the opportunity to walk towards our own enlightenment. No matter what, his light is there as one of our resources. All we have to do is open to the Sun’s presence, feel his warm embrace, and choose to walk into the light, our light. This is his give-away or gift to us.
As humans, when we acknowledge and embody Grandfather Sun internally, we too have this steadfast ability to shine, to create life, to pour our energy into creative projects, to share our beauty and power with all those around us. We may illuminate the spaces we inhabit through walking our talk or being an example of who it is to shine beauty, power, and compassion.
Scientifically, here are a few facts that express the power of the Sun. They are amazing, and quite frankly, a little hard to wrap your brain around…
- The Sun holds the solar system together; pours life-giving light, heat, and energy on Earth; and generates space weather.
- The visible part of the Sun is about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,500 degrees Celsius), while temperatures in the core reach more than 27 million F (15 million C), driven by nuclear reactions.
- Each second, more than four million tons of matter are converted into energy within the Sun’s core, producing neutrinos and solar radiation.
- The Sun has enough nuclear fuel to stay much as it is for another 5 billion years.
- According to NASA, one would need to explode 100 billion tons of dynamite every second to match the energy produced by the Sun.
What is YOUR body knowing of the sun and how does this energy dance with YOU?
What does the Sun teach you about Illumination and Enlightenment?
We invite you to share your experience and relationship to this first Power of the Universe.
#knowledgethatworks #deertribe #twentycount