Today, we begin our Twenty Count Tuesday series with the first Power, Grandfather Sun, who sings his Song of Illumination and Enlightenment from his sitting place in the East of this Great Medicine Wheel.
Here are a few facts that express the power of the Sun…
- The Sun holds the solar system together; pours life-giving light, heat, and energy on Earth; and generates space weather.
- The visible part of the Sun is about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit (5,500 degrees Celsius), while temperatures in the core reach more than 27 million F (15 million C), driven by nuclear reactions.
- Each second, more than four million tons of matter are converted into energy within the Sun’s core, producing neutrinos and solar radiation.
- The Sun has enough nuclear fuel to stay much as it is for another 5 billion years.
- According to NASA, one would need to explode 100 billion tons of dynamite every second to match the energy produced by the Sun.
These facts are amazing, and quite frankly, a little hard to wrap your brain around.
I invite you to share your experience and relationship to this first Power of the Universe.
What is YOUR body knowing of the sun and how does this energy dance with YOU?
What does the Sun teach you about Illumination and Enlightenment?