The time for the Arizona Red Lodge Longhouse’s intensive week of ceremony is fast approaching. By early next week, Red Lodge participants will be out among the cactus, rocks, and lizards, working with the gateway ceremonies of the Sweet Medicine SunDance Path.
Why does the Red Lodge program feature an entire week of ceremony? Ceremonies play a critical part in our integration process. They give us more access to our spiritual aspect, and help us to bring what we know in our spiritual aspect into our daily lives, as well as facilitating us bringing our learnings from our daily lives into our spirit. Ceremonies facilitate the process of taking the Red Lodge teachings from information on paper into knowledge that we own and can use in our work, play, relationships.
Ceremonies in nature also give us the opportunity to align with the natural world, to rebalance ourselves.
Ceremonial week is an integral part of the Red Lodge Longhouse program in all of its locations. For more information about each, see:
- Arizona Red Lodge Longhouse – ceremonial week in August
- Michigan Red Lodge Longhouse – ceremonial week in July
- Toronto Red Lodge Longhouse – ceremonial week in May
- Calgary Red Lodge Longhouse – ceremonial week in August
- Italy Red Lodge Longhouse – ceremonial week in August
- Australia Red Lodge Longhouse – ceremonial week in September
- General information about the Red Lodge Longhouse program
- Red Lodge Longhouse programs schedule overview
For more information about DTMMS and the Sweet Medicine SunDance Path, visit the DTMMS web site.